Usually, it is the small businesses that struggle with which type of marketing method will suit their business the most. As they have limited funds that can only be used for one or the other, not both. It is not an easy decision to make and need an in-depth evaluation before finalizing anything.
Talking about different types of marketing, it can be broadly classified into two types, traditional and digital marketing. Using printing ads in newspapers and magazines, television ads, billboards, etc. are typical examples of traditional marketing. On the other hand, building a website, ads on social media platforms, etc. are a part of digital marketing.
Advantages of Traditional Marketing
- A marketer can easily reach his or her target local audience.
- Marketing material can be distributed in the form of hard copies to the target customers so that customers can read the content whenever they want.
- Since it contains traditional methods of marketing, most people are already aware of it and it is easy for them to understand and follow them.
Disadvantages of Traditional Marketing
- There are no significant interactions between marketer and the customer. It is more about delivering information to customers than actually connecting with them.
- Traditional marketing mediums like print or television media can be very expensive as compared to non-traditional ones.
- It is difficult to measure the success of the traditional marketing campaigns.
Advantages of Digital Marketing
- Digital marketing has an extensive reach. A marketer can reach both local as well as an international audience without difficulty.
- The target audience can pick on how they want to reach the marketing content of a product or service whether it is through a blog post, a video or through social media platforms.
- A marketer can easily interact with the target audience through social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or the official website of the brand.
- A marketer can encourage the potential customers, clientele, and followers to visit their website, read about their products and services to buy them, and share their feedback.
- Digital marketing is a very cost-efficient method as compared to the traditional methods.
- The success of the digital marketing campaigns can be measured easily using Google Analytics and other tools offered by popular social media platforms. That way a marketer can make the required changes and acclimatize very swiftly to improve the campaign results.
- Using digital marketing methods, any business, whether it is a small size or medium size, can compete with any competitor irrespective of their size.
- A digital marketer can use SEO tools to increase the traffic to his or her company website and increase the number of subscribers and improve conversion rates.
Disadvantages of digital marketing
- If digital marketers are not careful about deceitful activities, their confidential data might be hacked.
- Even in today’s digital savvy environment, several consumers are not very attentive towards internet facilities. They prefer to go to a physical store than buying anything online.
- A number of internet users usually ignore internet ads, which can lead to businesses losing their valuable website traffic.
Though both methods have their own place in the market, the major support goes in the favor of digital marketing. Nevertheless, traditional marketing is still vital for the audience that prefers traditional ways of life. As a result, the best option is to create a smart blend of traditional and digital marketing. Make an effective evaluation of traditional and digital marketing methods and create a strategy that will take your brand to the heights where you want it to be.
Instead of taking just one approach, it looks as if that a multi-channel tactic will come up with a lot more exceptional benefits of paper along with the expediency and accessibility of digital marketing methods.